FAITH - What does faith mean to students at Lutheran Unity School?
- Worshiping together every Wednesday during chapel
- Singing at one of the association churches with friends on a Sunday morning
- Walking around the EAST campus neighborhood singing Las Posadas songs
- Participating in the Children’s Christmas service and attending two services because a sibling or two is older or younger than you
- Memorizing Bible verses for a grade
- Receiving your First Bible in 2nd grade
- Making first communions
- Being confirmed
These are just a few of the things which come to mind for a student at Lutheran Unity School when we think about faith development. I pray that each student’s faith will continue to grow as
they head into the 2016-2017 School Year.
FAMILY - What does family mean to students at Lutheran Unity School?
- Spending time with parents and extended family at school activities
- Hugging school friends at the end of the day as if it is the last day of school
- Student council meetings at lunch time at EAST and WEST
- EAST & WEST Student Council planning Field Day via Skype and executing it
- Performing Donkey Tales for family and friends
- Sharing A papers with everyone
- Working together to be the best we can be and to try and do what Jesus would have us do
Family is important to us all. When you are in a small school community everyone feels like family. We will be very excited to see each on the first day of school!
FUTURE - What does the future mean to the students at Lutheran Unity School?
- New classes, new teachers, new friends, a new beginning, and new opportunities to share the love of Jesus!
- Unity between teachers, students, staff, families, campuses and the four Church Congregations
- Watching the faith of students, teachers, families and staff continue to grow
- Encouraging students, families and teachers to strive to become life-long learners
- Continue to spread the Gospel
May the Lord bless you and keep you may His face shine on you through the new School Year and always.
Enjoying His Work,
Jo Ellen T. Hoffmann
Education Director East Campus
Education Director West Campus